The Transport Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) funds early-stage research projects into innovative ideas or concepts to help create a better transport system.
It is part of the Department for Transport’s Innovation Grant funding.
The purpose of the scheme is to:
- reduce barriers to innovation and advance technology in transport
- enable a better transport system in the UK
- exploit smart ideas that have the potential to develop further
- fund early stage innovations to take to the next stage of development
The scheme funds research into a wide-range of novel and innovative solutions that use science, engineering and technology to advance the UK’s transport system.
This round of T-TRIG has 3 separate calls:
- an open call for novel and innovative ideas focused on transport
- a targeted maritime security call
- a targeted big data call
How to apply
UK-based research organisations or businesses of any size can apply for T-TRIG funding. To apply for funding:
- download the documents to the right and read them carefully
- attend a briefing webinar hosted by the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) – see below
- email your completed application form to the T-TRIG@dft.gsi.gov.uk by the deadline below
Dates and Deadlines
|Competition opens||5 December 2016|
|Briefing webinars||9 December and 14 December 2016|
|Availability of webinar recordings (on KTN site)||12 December|
|Competition closes, application deadline||23:59 9 January 2017|