The Transport Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) funds early-stage research projects into innovative ideas or concepts to help create a better transport system.
It is part of the Department for Transport’s Innovation Grant funding.
The purpose of the scheme is to:
- reduce barriers to innovation and advance technology in transport
- enable a better transport system in the UK
- exploit smart ideas that have the potential to develop further
- fund early stage innovations to take to the next stage of development
The scheme funds research into a wide-range of novel and innovative solutions that use science, engineering and technology to advance the UK’s transport system.
Previous T-TRIG competitions
The last round of T-TRIG was launched in December 2017 had 3 separate calls:
- an open call for novel and innovative ideas focused on transport
- a targeted call on maritime autonomy, technology and solutions to reduce shipping emissions call
- a targeted call on using big data and machine learning to improve the UK’s road network
The successful winners of this competition were announced on GOV.UK 6 August 2018.
For further information on T-TRIG contact T-TRIG@dft.gsi.gov.uk.