The Year of Engineering is a year-long government campaign to support the engineering profession in recruiting the next generation of engineers. Throughout 2018 we will showcase the variety and creativity of modern engineering to improve understanding of what engineers do.
We want to give young people, their families and teachers an opportunity to take a closer look at engineering.
Want to take part?
With your support the Year of Engineering will offer young people, parents and teachers inspirational experiences of engineering.
We're looking for fun and innovative ways to bring the campaign to life and reach under-represented groups of young people. Help us to paint a more positive picture of an exciting industry that makes real improvements to people’s lives.
By joining us you could:
- work with us and other partners to create exciting and impactful initiatives and events
- raise the profile of your organisation as an exciting employer by showcasing the forward thinking work your organisation is doing
- join ‘open door’ and ambassador programmes to share what you do
- use the Year of Engineering brand to identify your own activity or event under our collective banner
- use our communication materials and #YOE to be part of the conversation
- share inspiring stories of engineering careers
Who else is involved?
We're already planning activities with a range of partners, including: