How to use the website
This page contains information on facilities available from this site, including methods of navigation and information on browsing the site with screen reader equipment. This page is available from every page on the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) web site. We have also provided information on how to change settings in your browser to make the site easier to read if you are having difficulties.
This web site contains information and links (to content on the Transport Office and the Direct Gov motoring portal) on all aspects of the work undertaken by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency. The information on the site is divided into the following sections:
Links to the main content sections appear on the left-hand side of every page on the site.
The information in each content section may be categorized into a hierarchy of different topics. The index page for a particular topic will list:
- Links to the index pages of sub-topics
- Links to information related to the topic
At the top of each page, immediately below the VOSA logo is the breadcrumb trail. The breadcrumb trail indicates the position of the current page in the topic hierarchy starting with the home page and including other levels of topic.
For example, if you click on “Contact Us” in the left-hand navigation, the Contact Us section index page is displayed and the breadcrumb trail will contain 'Home > Contact Us’. If you then click on the link to Sharing intelligence’, the index page for the topic Sharing intelligence is displayed and the breadcrumb trail contains 'Home >Contact Us>Sharing intelligence’.
You can click on one of the topics listed in the breadcrumb trail to go to the index page for that topic.
All index pages also have a selection of Quick Link menus on the right-hand side. These boxes are split into 3 sections:
- Quick Links - these are direct links to the most popular content on the site i.e. Applications and Decisions;
- Online services - these are quick links into VOSA’s most popular and/or newest services;
- Latest news - these are the last 3 press releases issued on the site.
These menus are to help frequent users get to popular content quickly, as well as to advertise new additions they may be interested in viewing.
The site offers a variety of searches. For more information, see How to use search.
We welcome feedback and queries from users of the site. There are several ways in which you can contact us:
- If you would like to comment on a specific piece of content on this site, look for an email address at the bottom of the page. If one is present, use that email address.
- You may find a link to a document containing email addresses relating to a particular content section at the bottom of the home page for that section (the page that opens if you click the content section name in the left navigation area).
- Finally, you can find details of how to contact VOSA on the Contact Us page or you can use the Webmaster email address.
Page last updated: 19/09/2006