22-03-10 MOT Test Fees
The maximum fee for testing private motor vehicles will increase on 6th April 2010.
The average increase will be around 1.5%, raising the maximum cost of a test for a private car from £54.00 to £54.85
The maximum fee for a solo motorcycle will rise from £29.20 to £29.65.
The MOT slot fee** that Vehicle Testing Stations pay to VOSA will also increase from £2.00 to £2.05
NOTES TO EDITOR:
*The maximum fee for an MOT as of April 6th will be £54.85, however many garages charge less than the maximum fee.
**The MOT slot fee of £2.05 goes to the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) to fund the costs of overseeing the scheme. The rest of the fee (ie up to £54.85) is retained by the garage doing the test.
VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) is responsible for:
- • Processing applications for licences to operate lorries and buses and registering bus services
- • Operating and administering testing schemes for all vehicles, including the supervision of the MOT testing scheme
- • Enforcing the law on vehicles to ensure that they comply with legal standards and regulations
- • Enforcing drivers' hours and licensing requirements
- • Supporting Traffic Commissioners to help them make informed decisions on operator
- licensing, vocational drivers and bus registration requirements
- • Providing training and advice for commercial operators
- • Investigating vehicle accidents, defects and recalls.
For media enquiries about VOSA, please contact: Libby Cottingham on 0117 954 3208 or Rachel Hicks on 0117 954 2619. You can also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 01/04/2010