Last update: 18/09/2003 11:01:32
The objectives of this project, are as follows:
1. to assess the feasibility of providing an open data management framework;
2. assess the suitability and functional coverage of legacy and emerging information systems and consider these within the overall framework;
3. examine standards for data management and assess suitability for application to the framework;
suggest architectures that will support the data management framework;
4. identify development paths to integrate the information from disparate systems;
5. identify and consider the integration of software to provide transaction methods and real time and static information; take account of institutional issues;
6. provide functional specifications and outline development plans for the implementation of suggested technical solutions.
This scoping study is to provide a high level review of the data issues associated with the development of the Transport Direct concept and to map out a framework that recognises legacy systems and can be scaled. The study is also to review transport information providers and operators from a technical and journey planning viewpoint to identify key services and building blocks that will form the basis for the Transport Direct architecture.
W S Atkins & Partners (Birmingham)
Auchinleck House, Five Ways, Birmingham, B15 1DJ
0121 633 2560
Cost to the Department: £60,000.00
Actual start date: 21 June 2001
Actual completion date: 31 March 2002
Publication date: 31/03/2002
Departmental Assessment Status: Project completed prior to the implementation of the departmental publication scheme.