Last update: 25/06/2007 11:21:21
1. to identify and critically review examples in the academic and industry literature of attempts to obtain and evaluate public feedback concerning travel information;
2. to examine the current approaches to evaluating public feedback within the Transport Direct Programme;
3. to determine what ambiguities and gaps potentially exist in the feedback considered in 1. and 2.;
4. to explore research methodology options and approaches that could remedy such ambiguities and gaps; and
5. to provide recommendations (with identification of costs and benefits) for the future evaluation of public feedback within the Transport Direct Programme.
6. to determine what information needs to be collected to identify the key features on the portal which drive overall perception of the portal's reputation.
For each work package the contractor will produce a report. A draft report will be submitted to the Chairman of Transport Direct Sir Malcolm Field. The contractor will meet with the DFT to discuss each report before it is finalised.
Vipre (UK) Ltd
Suite 8, 2nd Floor Crown House, 1 Crown Square, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6HR
Cost to the Department: £89,495.00
Actual start date: 24 January 2006
Actual completion date: 30 January 2007