Last update: 05/09/2007 14:47:28
The co-ordinator is to facilitate the research, development and implementation of Clear Zones by:
1. creating partnerships to develop clear zone projects;
2. working with partnerships to help develop and progress projects, including identifying funding sources;
3. preparing or arranging for others to prepare material for dissemination, good practice, case studies etc;
4. bringing together such Working Groups as the Steering Group and Department may agree and co-ordinating their work with other clear zones activity;
5. administration associated with the Steering Group and other meetings.
This project was to provide DfT support for the Clear Zones Programme Co-ordinator, following on from UG160. The aim of Clear Zones, which is supported by the Office of Science and Technology's Foresight programme, is to reduce the adverse environmental impacts of traffic in towns by developing relevant technology and techniques through partnerships between cities, industry, academia and Government. The Co-ordinator completed tasks identified in the Clear Zones Business Plan, provided Secretariat services to the Clear Zones Steering Group, and developed the concept of Clear Zones with local authorities and others. The scope of the project was extended to provide assistance in the selection of a number of pilot schemes known as Clear Zone Trailblazers.
Transport and Travel Research Ltd (Oxon)
30 High Street, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1TG
Cost to the Department: £221,000.00
Actual start date: 18 August 1999
Actual completion date: 28 February 2005
Clear Zones reports
More information: http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tpm/clearzones/clearzonespublications/