Last update: 17/10/2005 09:56:24
The objectives of the research are to establish figures for the number of drivers with disabilities who:
1. Inform the DVLA of their condition;
2. Seek advice from Mobility Centres.
In addition, the project will compare how differing actions (reporting of condition and seeking of advice or not), taken by individual disabled drivers, affect their mobility.
This project will produce a report which will detail:
1. The percentage of drivers who report details of their conditions to the DVLA having experienced injury or illness;
2. The percentage of drivers who seek advice from Mobility Centres having experienced injury or illness;
3. Comparisions of mobility experiences of drivers post injury or illness between those who have reported their condition compared to those who have not.
Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GA
+44 (0)1344 773131
Cost to the Department: £157,000.00
Actual start date: 26 August 2003
Actual completion date: 31 May 2005
Returning to Driving Following a Head Injury or Amputation
Publication date: 14/10/2005
More information: http://www.dft.gov.uk/transportforyou/access/car/mavis/research