Last update: 05/02/2009 16:19:39
The overall aim of the work is to develop and publish an energy efficient target for the two main groups of products in the sector - insulated bodies and refrigeration units.
There are three main aspects to the proposed process:
1. Developing consensus on how to test for efficiency.
2. Collating and publishing performance data.
3. Developing and publishing performance targets.
The work is divided into six tasks:
1. Project Initiation
2. Development of a test specification
3. Data Collection
4. Develop performance targets
5. Publication of the data and targets
6. Awareness raising activities.
AEA Technology Environment
Harwell Business Centre, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QJ
+44 (0)1235 432201
Cost to the Department: £12,000.00
Actual start date: 01 October 2002
Actual completion date: 31 December 2003
Report on the Comparison of Carbon and Carbon Dioxide Emissions from a range of Road Transport Refrigeration Units
Author: AEA Technology Environment
Publication date: 16/01/2004
Source: TransportEnergy Best Practice
More information: http://www.transportenergy.org.uk/downloads/TheUltimateDriveTypesReport160104.doc