MCA’s research programme aims to:
- provide a robust evidence base to underpin MCA work;
- identify the need for or reinforce national policy change;
- inform the UK's influence on international policy change;
- address MAIB or other government recommendations;
- deliver and disseminate quality outcomes for the benefit of the maritime community;
- work with national and global partners to encourage a more collaborative and cooperative approach to maritime research
The programme is closely linked with MCA business planning activities and is informed by the outcomes of the resaerch strategy forum held at the beginning of each financial year with MCA senior management and representatives from our external partners, and the wider research community.