Last Updated: 07/05/2013
DVLA Truro local office
For enquiries about vehicles: 0300 790 6802 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1279).
For enquiries about driving licences: 0300 790 6801 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1278).
Please note, all calls are handled initially by our call centre based in Swansea.
Open: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. On the second Wednesday of each month the office will be open from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Closed for essential staff training
Please be advised that the office will be closed for essential staff training on the following dates
- From 1pm on Thursday 27th June until 9am Friday 28th June
- From 1pm on Thursday 26th September until 9am Friday 27th September
- From 1pm on Thursday 17th October until 9am Friday 18th October
Customers are reminded that they can access DVLA services online at: www.gov.uk/browse/driving
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Please be advised that the local offices in England, Scotland and Wales will be closed on the following : Public Holidays 2012 - 2013
There are two Pay and Display car parks, one adjacent to the building accessed via Edward Street that’s part of a one way system, the other is across the road from the office accessed via Pydar Street.
Nearest in the Leats (300 metres).
Access via automatic door to building and lift to 3rd floor where local office is located. No automatic door to counter area.
Hearing loop fitted at public counters.
Cash machine in building society on Pydar Street. (150 metres).
Internal mail box on the office door, external mail box to the left of the main entrance.
Nearest parking (100 metres), £3.20 per day. Multi storey (300 metres).
No smoking building; no alternative facilities.
One interview room, contact staff for use.
Lift access within building, local office on 3rd floor.
If you have specific access requirements, please use our call ahead service 0300 790 6818
- follow M5 South
- take the A30 South (sign posted Okehampton)
- follow signs to Truro (A39)
- at junction with traffic lights turn right continuing along A39
- at roundabout, take the third exit marked Perranporth
- follow this road until you come to a mini roundabout. Go straight across the roundabout.
- Pydar House is immediately on your left
- Central Bus Station, Lemon Quay. Serves all areas. (0.5 miles).
- Truro Station, Richmond Hill (0.5 miles)