Last Updated: 07/05/2013
DVLA Sheffield local office
Cedar House, Hallamshire Court
63 Napier Street
For enquiries about vehicles: 0300 790 6802 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1279).
For enquiries about driving licences: 0300 790 6801 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1278).
Please note, all calls are handled initially by our call centre based in Swansea.
Open: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. On the second Wednesday of each month the office will be open from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Closed for essential staff training
Please be advised that the office will be closed for essential staff training on the following dates:
- From 11am Thursday 16th May until 9am Friday 17th May
- From 11am Thursday 13th June until 9am Friday 14th June
- From 11am Thursday 12th September until 9am Friday 13th September
Customers are reminded that they can access DVLA services online at: www.gov.uk/browse/driving
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Please be advised that the local offices in England, Scotland and Wales will be closed on the following : Public Holidays 2012 - 2013
11 spaces at the office with limited street parking nearby
Supermarket on Napier Street (400 metres).
Public counter on ground floor, automatic doors.
Three hearing loops available at public counters.
Cash machines at supermarket on Napier Street (400 metres).
There is a free standing silvered coloured external mail box to the left of the front door.
Two disabled spaces available in addition to above spaces.
No smoking building; alternative facilities outside.
One interview room available, contact staff for use.
If you have specific access requirements, please use our call ahead service 0300 790 6818
From the north:
exit M1 Junction 33 City Centre.
a dual carriageway about 5/6 Miles takes you into Sheffield where you will approach a large roundabout called Park Square
at this roundabout take the 3rd exit signposted for the Railway Station
proceed along, past the bus station on your right and railway station on your left
follow the road round and after the pedestrian crossings ensure you are in the middle lane. Follow the directions for ring road (road sweeps round to the right)
carry on along to another roundabout where you want to go straight-ahead (large church (St Mary’s) on left-hand side just before roundabout)
after the roundabout take the left hand lane and at the traffic lights turn left, into London Road, immediately you have gone through the lights move over to the right hand lane
turn right at the traffic lights driving past Waitrose petrol station and up the hill. At the traffic lights you will see the DVLA building on the right
do not turn at the traffic lights but drive straight through, immediately on passing the lights you will see the Vine public house on your right, turn right into the road by the pub (signposted no through road)
the entrance for Hallamshire Court is on the right
Central Bus Station (1.5 miles), all the following buses go to the City Centre from near the local office:
- from or to Cemetery Road (No 4)
- from or to Washington Road (No 22)
- from or to Ecclesall Road (Nos 81, 82, 83 and 85)
- from or to London Road (Nos 20, 25a, 75, 76, 97, 97a and 293)
Sheffield Central Train Station (1 mile)
- after crossing the main road outside the station bear left onto Sheaf Street
- at the fork in the road, bear right onto Shoreham Street, past the BBC offices on your right and continue past the traffic lights
- at the end of Shoreham Street turn right into Saint Mary's Road (Ring Road)
- walk straight past the roundabout, you should now be on St Mary's Gate
- at the traffic lights turn left onto London Road, cross the pedestrian crossing and turn left
- turn right at the traffic lights and walk past the Waitrose Petrol Station
- do not turn onto Napier Street but bear left onto Cemetery Road and up the hill to the next set of traffic lights
- make sure you’re walking up the right side of Cemetery Road so that when you cross at the traffic lights you will see the DVLA building
Approx 0.75 mile
- get off the tram at the University Stop (yellow or blue line) walk down the hill and at the roundabout at the bottom take the underpass exiting on to Moore Street
- walk past Waitrose and the Peugeot dealership (on your left) and past the pedestrian crossing
- at the traffic lights turn left and walk up the hill
- the DVLA is on the right hand side of the road just before the next set of traffic lights
- there is a path to the main entrance along the top side of the building