Last Updated: 31/05/2013
DVLA Ipswich local office
St Clare House
For enquiries about vehicles: 0300 790 6802 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1279).
For enquiries about driving licences: 0300 790 6801 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1278).
Please note, all calls are handled initially by our call centre based in Swansea.
Open: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. On the second Wednesday of each month the office will be open from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Closed for essential staff training
Please be advised that the office will be closed for essential staff training on the following dates:
- Wednesday 15th May until 1.30pm
- Wednesday 19th June until 1.30pm
Customers are reminded that they can access DVLA services online at: www.gov.uk/browse/driving
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Please be advised that the local offices in England, Scotland and Wales will be closed on the following : Public Holidays 2012 - 2013
Pay & Display car park in Portman Road along Princess Street towards the station. Turn right into Portman Road and the car park is on the right hand side, opposite Ipswich Town football club.
Buttermarket Centre, (0.5 miles).
Lift access available from ground floor to podium level.
Hearing loop fitted at public counters.
Cash machines in High Street banks are located on Princes Street (0.5 miles).
External mail box to the right of the main entrance.
No specific disabled parking available.
No smoking building; no alternative facilities.
One interview room, contact staff for use.
Lift and escalator access available from ground floor to podium level.
If you have specific access requirements, please use our call ahead service 0300 790 6818
- from Copdock interchange A12 and A14 follow A1214 London Road
- at crossroads with Yarmouth Road and West End Road continue straight on (Handford Road)
- at second right turn into Portman Road
- pass football ground on the right and turn left at T junction onto Princes Street
- local office is 0.25 miles on the right
- bus stops outside building. Buses to Town Centre and all areas of Ipswich. Also, Woodbridge, Martlesham, Hadleigh and Felixstowe.
- nearest station Ipswich (0.5 miles)