Last Updated: 07/05/2013
DVLA Chester local office
For enquiries about vehicles: 0300 790 6802 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1279).
For enquiries about driving licences: 0300 790 6801 (Textphone minicom users 0300 123 1278). Please note, all calls are handled initially by our call centre based in Swansea.
Open: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. On the second Wednesday of each month the office will be open from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Closed for essential staff training
Please be advised that the office will be closed for essential staff training on the following dates:
- From 1pm on Tuesday 18th June until 9am Wednesday 19th June
- From 1pm on Tuesday 17th September until 9am Wednesday 18th September
- Thursday 10th October until 1pm
Customers are reminded that they can access DVLA services online at: www.gov.uk/browse/driving
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Please be advised that the local offices in England, Scotland and Wales will be closed on the following : Public Holidays 2012 - 2013
No available parking at the office. For parking continue through the traffic lights and the arch, which is part of the city walls, and you will find Chester Racecourse (long stay) car park on your left and opposite Crane Street (short stay) car park.
The nearest public toilets are located at the Little Roodee Car Park and The Forum, Princes Street, (0.5 miles).
Chester local office is located on the ground floor of Norroy House and can be fully accessed by all disabled customers.
Hearing loop fitted at public counters.
Cash machines are located at the Post Office [fee payable], banks and building societies throughout the city centre (0.5 miles).
External mail box to the right of the main entrance.
Up to four hours free parking is available to disabled badge holders in Crane Street car park. A valid badge and time disc must be displayed.
The nearest public toilets are located at the Little Roodee Car Park (0.5 miles).
No smoking building; no alternative facilities.
No interview rooms available.
If you have specific access requirements, please use our call ahead service 0300 790 6818
- M53 Junction 12
- follow signs for Chester [A56]
- at the first roundabout on a small dual carriageway take the 3rd exit, signposted Ring Road, North Wales, Wrexham [A483]
- at the second roundabout take the 2nd exit [straight on] signposted North Wales, Wrexham [A483]
- get into the right hand lane of the dual carriage way
- turn right at the 3rd set of traffic lights, signposted A548 Queensferry and Racecourse
- the office is located on the left hand side of the road at the bottom of the hill, just before a set of traffic lights and the city walls
- there is no customer parking at the office but there is public parking available nearby. For parking continue through the traffic lights and the arch, which is part of the city walls, and you will find Chester Racecourse [long stay] car park on your left and opposite Crane Street [short stay] car park.
- Chester bus station is located in Princes Street (450 metres)
- Chester mainline train station (1.5 miles)