The National Cycle Path network schema defines an exchange format for a exchange of cycle path data.. It is a component of the UK national transport information infrastructure and is basedon a number of other UK and ISO standards, in particualr teh OS ITN nework..
The format allows cycle path data to be collected by different communities and exchanged to provide cycle Journey planners and other navigation products.
The CycleNetXChange schema is in draft and is intended to become a UK national de facto standard sponsored by the UK Department of Transport. CycleNet is based on the Ordnance Survey DNF Digital National Framework for referencing objects and the ITN (Integrated Transport Network) schema and can be used in conjunction with road and map data that conforms to the DNF
- 2009/10/22: New example - Real data for Oxford, courtesy of Oxford City Guides Renamed draft 0.3 as CycleNetXChange schema
- 2008/05/28: Renamed draft 0.3 as CycleNetXChange schema
- 2008/05/02: Revised draft 0.2 of CycleNet schema
- 2008/03/31: Rough draft of CycleNet schema
- 2008/01/01: Initial draft of CycleNet specification
Page last updated: 2013.03.30